• 1 packet of Delverde® Spaghetti
• 1 leek, rinsed well and then in to very thin slices
• ¾ eggplant, deseeded and cut into thin strips
• 3 small artichokes
• 1 tomato, deseeded and chopped
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
• 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and minced
• 1 lemon
• ¼ cup Italian parsley, minced
• ½ cup vegetable broth
• salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Place the eggplant slices in a colander and sprinkle with salt.
Let sit at least 30 minutes to drain.
Meanwhile, trim the artichokes by cutting off the stem, removing the hard outer leaves and cutting off the leaf tips.
Cut in half and scoop out the choke.
Thinly slice the artichokes and then let them soak in a bowl of cold water with the juice of one lemon.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan with the garlic cloves, the slices of leek and the chili.
Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
Drain and pat dry the eggplant and add to the frying pan.
Drain the artichokes and add to the pan as well.
Increase the heat to medium and cook for 6 – 7 minutes, adding a little broth at a time and stirring frequently.
Add the tomato, parsley and taste for salt.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook Delverde® Spaghetti until al dente.
Drain and add to the pan with sauce and toss to coat.
Serve hot with a touch of black pepper.